Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Post-Potter

It was awesome.

I am tired.

But really, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

All previous thoughts still stand. No, they didn't always stick to the book. But as a movie, it was suh-weet. Best one yet, I'd say.

However, there is one final thing that should have been included in the last post, but was not. I feel I must share this with you now.

I am what you might call a Harry Potter Purist. The ultimate solution to this whole book vs. movie thing would have been to never make the movies at all, and let the story exist as it was meant to, in beautiful Times New Roman.
Or you know, whatever font it is.

But then, where would Warner Bros have scraped up $4.5 billion?

I'll just leave it at that.

2 comments:

  1. I do so love the Harry Potter story. Audio and paper both.

    Seeing the movie tonight. I'm not sure if I'm more excited to see the movie or get a babysitter. wink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Technically, its pure form would be garamond, since that the font the book is printed in. Nobody likes Times New Roman in the editing world. But I agree, better left without the movies, although the movies themselves are pretty decent without the book comparison.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn.