Friday, August 28, 2009

Some things you just have to share

Like when you go shopping for milk and a welcome mat and come back with:

-a welcome mat

-a set of 4 shelves

-2 silk plants

-2 silk flowers

-a wrought iron bird cage

-a wooden "welcome" sign

-6 cups of blackberries

-a decorative metal basket type thing

-a canister with a rooster on it

-a lemon zester

-a lemon (for the lemon zester, duh!)

-3 hand towels and 2 washcloths

-3 maternity shirts

...

and no milk.

Ok, just kidding. I got milk. But it would have been really funny, not to mention entirely unsurprising, if I didn't.

Wanna know the best part? All this became mine for about 70 bucks. Yeah, including the maternity shirts (and there are three of them, friends). And that's before I put some of it on my birthday list for my parents to gift to me.

**side note: I'm one of those really annoying people that will never tell you what I want for my birthday or Christmas or whatever. Usually, for my birthday, this ends up meaning that my birthday passes and I occasionally decide that there are certain things that I want for my birthday. This could end anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months later, depending on how persistent my mom is in reminding me. And on how much I go shopping. side note over**

Anyway, I am extremely pleased with my purchases of the day. Stay tuned to see just how completely and unbearably adorable they are in my ever-continuing-to-grow-in-loveliness house!

2 comments:

  1. Good job on being thrifty! I keep meaning to call and see if you guys need any help with the house... please please please don't hesitate!

    ReplyDelete

Your turn.