Tuesday, November 6, 2012

35 Things: October Update

Because the 6th is still the beginning of the month, right?

This month, I stayed on top of my monthly goals (snaps for me!), and I also did:

3. Learn 10 new hymns on the piano. I was called as the Relief Society pianist a little while ago, so this one kind of took care of itself. I don't learn them all perfectly (as anyone in our Relief Society can tell you), but I do aight.

4. Have one month when I go to the temple weekly. Hooray! I finally did it. This helped me decide that the temple is an awesome way to start the day. I need to do it more often. Maybe next year I'll try to go to the temple twice every month, or something. We'll see.

28. Organize family folder. I have a binder that holds all our important certificates, cards, documents, etc. It was getting a little too full because I had started putting sentimental type things in there, too. So I cleared out things and made sure things were all up to date, and now it's done! Yay!

30. Read 32 books. I read 2 this month:

The Casual Vacancy, by J.K. Rowling. Ugh, I was so disappointed in this. Can that be all I say about it? 2 stars.

Mortality by Christopher Hitchens. This was interesting. It's written by a man after he learns that he has cancer. He talks about how other people treat him, how he handles it, etc. It was very well written, but I still found it hard to really enjoy it. Maybe it was just too morbid? 3 stars.


And that's it for now, folks.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for being on top of things! The 6th is totally the beginning of the month. Maybe by the 26th when I post it'll still be the beginning...of next month!

    I love having a family binder. We called it Important Documents and its great to have everything in one place. If our house ever burns down I know to grab that.

    Um, we need to get together and play sometime. I miss your face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reminding me...I need to update my goals!

    ReplyDelete

Your turn.