Monday, March 19, 2012

A game of hot and cold

Current story of my life:

I'm at home. I get hot.

I go check the thermostat.

"Happy 83 degrees!" it says.

And I'm like, "Psh," and I turn the a/c on and set it to 75.

Fast forward a few hours, maybe a day, maybe two:

I'm at home. I get cold.

I go check the thermostat.

"Happy 68 degrees!" it says.

And I'm like, "Psh," and I turn the heater on and set it to 75.

Repeat.

Now, I know it's staying set to 75, because it tells me when I look at it ( set temp and actual temp) but it just keeps getting hotter or colder than that naturally.

I thought March would bring an end to this foolishness, since by March we're usually on the steady climb towards the surface of the sun, and I can just leave the a/c on and let it blow cool air on me and suck up all my money. But then today decided it was going to be wet and freezing and very un-Arizona-in-March-ish. So, in the name of not letting my children freeze (since they are weirdos and don't like being covered with blankets when they sleep), I just turned my heater on. Again.

And now that "just turned on the heater" smell can lull me to sleep. Blegh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn.