Wednesday, June 10, 2015

31 weeks

Obviously, a post at 30 weeks would have made more sense, since 30 is like, an even number or something.

But I like to keep you guys guessing. We have to keep this relationship exciting, you know?

And so, while you'll never know how my pregnancy was going at 30 weeks, you do get to know all about how Little Miss and I are doing at 31 weeks. Special!


Due date: August 11! I've never had a due date change with any of my babies, so I guess I shouldn't start now.

Weight gain: When I went to the doctor a week ago, I'd gained 20 pounds. So...maybe a little more than that? I could walk the 20 steps to my bathroom and weigh myself... but, you know, walking.

Baby size: My handy dandy tracker app says that baby girl is now the size of not one, not two, but FOUR navel oranges. I'm honestly slightly confused by this one. Are these navel oranges lined up end to end? Set up two by two? Morphed together into one giant super navel orange? This kinda sorta tells me nothing.

Sleep: I occasionally have a hard time falling asleep (I've been getting the restless leg thing going on recently and yikes!) and I still wake up at least once to pee...but I barely even notice it nowadays because peeing is my life.

Aches/pains: Thankfully, mercifully, my SPD-like symptoms haven't been bothering my lately (throw the salt! Knock the wood! Do all the things!). But I do groan basically every time I stand up, as gravity attacks. I'm also getting the occasional jab of round ligament pain, which usually is bad enough to leave me a bit breathless. Ooh, and the Braxton Hicks have started in earnest. That's always fun.

Cravings: Same as before. Although, it's hard to call those things "cravings" now. It's more like they've made their way into my standard food rotation. I can't really think of anything new that I've seriously craved. 

Random: As if you couldn't tell from the above picture, I'm super crazy ultra tired. I look it and I feel it and it's just rough. Everything just exhausts me. I've been waaaay worse at exercise lately, which probably has something to do with it. 

I'm also an emotional mess. About everything. I cried when I watched this video of a hypothetical race between Secretariat and American Pharoah. I mean, I've never watched a horse race in my life. Horse racing isn't even on my radar. But you guys! So many dreams coming true! (I think...)

Finally, I've been feeling so much anxiety lately. Thinking about all the ways this baby is going to change my life just overwhelms me. I've felt this way, to some extent, before each of my other kids was born, but this time is much worse. I'm still wrapping my head around what I'm truly afraid of and what I'm not ready for, but hopefully I'm able to at least start to address those issues before Baby Girl arrives in 9 (!!!) weeks or so. 

Happy Wednesday, people. Hope it's a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn.