Monday, June 15, 2015

Stitch Fix Maternity - June 2015

As always, I was so excited to see that my Stitch Fix box was on its way once again!

Have you heard of Stitch Fix? Probably. But in case you haven't, here's how it works:

{about stitch fix}

Stitch Fix is an online styling/shopping service. For a $20 fee, they send you five clothing or accessory pieces that a personal stylist has chosen just for you, based on your style profile, special notes to your stylist, and even your Pinterest boards. When you receive your box, you can choose to buy as many of the items as you want, and then return what you don't want in your return bag (postage is prepaid!). Your $20 styling fee applies to anything you purchase, and if you love everything, you get a 25% discount on your entire box!

So basically, it's a ton of fun. You can choose to receive just one box (no subscription required!), or you can subscribe to receive boxes every 2-3 weeks, monthly, every other month, or quarterly. Basically, when you need a fix, you can get one. That sounds weird, but whatever.

Stitch Fix also offers petite and maternity options now, and if you haven't heard, I'm pregnant. So yay!


{my maternity stitch fix - june 2015}

This is my fourth maternity Stitch Fix (read about my others herehere, and here, if you want). In general, I've been keeping one or two things from my boxes, but I can't say I've had one that has really blown me away yet. Did that change this month? Well, read on, and you shall see...

Here's what my June box contained:


LA Made Maternity Brentford Maternity Knit Tank ($48)

first impressions: STITCH FIX: WHY DO YOU INSIST ON SENDING ME SLEEVELESS THINGS? I know it sounds weird, but I can ONLY wear sleeveless things when it's cooler outside because I have to layer them. And while it is only supposed to hit 109 tomorrow, I'm not sure that qualifies as cool enough for layering.

on me:






thoughts: If you couldn't tell from the photos, I'm not impressed. Not only is this preeetty much just a basic navy tank top that costs $50, but it also hangs funny below the bump. Oh and did I mention I have to layer it to wear it? RETURN. 


41Hawthorn Queensland Dolman Jersey Top ($48)

first impressions:  This is probably a result of all the gushing I did over the 41Hawthorn dolman top I got (and kept!) last month. I still love that shirt and wear it all.the.time. Two days this week, in fact. And this one -- what a pretty blue!

on me:






thoughts: I'm not gonna lie, I'm a sucker for blues and purples in clothes. I think they work well on me. And like the other top, this one will probably work well for nursing and will transition well into my post-baby wardrobe. I'm mostly sure that this is a keeper, but I'm slightly unsure because the dolman-ness of this top seems a bit extreme. Are the saggy underarms way too much? This one also lacks the exposed zipper in the back, which is my favorite feature on the other one. So, UNDECIDED.


Renee C Kira Printed Maxi Skirt ($58)

first impressions:  I have a hard time swallowing the price, since $25 printed maxis are in no short supply at Target. Also, doubleyou-tee-eff with the crazy prints? Stitch Fix loves a crazy-print maxi, that's for dang sure.

on me:





thoughts: Nothing special, and in fact oddly long. The print is just bad. This is one I just don't really like. RETURN.


Stitch Fix 3-Pack Maternity Cami ($44)

first impressions:  Dang it, I knew I'd get these eventually. It seems like every maternity subscription is bound to get them, at some point. I don't want these. 

on me:

Ummm...honestly, I didn't even try these on.


thoughts: I know not trying something on is like, breaking the cardinal rule of Stitch Fix-ing, but I really just didn't want these! I have no use for them. They feel like perfectly good camis and are actually buttery soft, but even if they were made from actual butter, I wouldn't want them. (Probably.) RETURN.


LA Made Maternity Welling V-Neck Maternity Knit Top ($48)

first impressions: Nice color, nice length. Not much else. 

on me:




thoughts: Nice color, nice length. Not much else. Ha. Apparently my first impression was right on the money with this one. There is a lot to like about it. The color really is pretty, and the fit is fine. I also like the fabric -- it's lightweight, but not see-through. It's also kind of a super light sweater material that would transition great into fall. But it's also rather plain and unexciting. I guess that leaves room to add accessories and stuff, though? I just don't know. UNDECIDED. 




{verdict}

I think of all the boxes I've received, this one has been the most disappointing. Mostly because it was so far off from what I put in my note to my stylist. I've heard that being frank and specific with your stylist is what really makes Stitch Fix successful, but that just didn't work here. My note mentioned a solid white tee, other tops that would transition to after baby, and maybe a sheer floral kimono. So...yeah, not quite. It honestly makes me wonder if their options for maternity clothes are still super limited, you know? I'm thinking I'll keep one of the tops I liked, since my styling fee will apply toward it. Probably not going to pay full price for the other one, though. 

And that's it for my June maternity Stitch Fix review. Any thoughts on which top I should keep?

Disclosure: Links to Stitch Fix are referral links that get me a reward if you're so inclined to sign up through them. You guys are da best! 

1 comment:

  1. TBH, my dear, if you don't love any of the tops, don't keep any of them. Also, none-of-my-business-BUT are you planning on investing in maternity pieces you'll need to wear again in the future? If so, that makes these prices a little easier to swallow.
    Regardless, you look lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Your turn.