Sunday, April 5, 2009

Calling all women!

No, boys, this one isn't for you.

Also, if you're a boy- why are you visiting my blog anyway? Just wondering.

Ok girls, I'm in serious need of some chick advice.

My sister is getting married in a few weeks (yay, Sister!), and I am the resident Matron of Honor (yay, Me!). As such, I was given the chore task joyous responsibility of coming up with some games for us to play at her bridal shower.

I have never been part of the bridal shower planning committee.

I think I have been to...three...maybe four....bridal showers in my life. Two of them were my own.

I don't want to do all the games we did at my showers, because (duh) my sister has played them. I want to be unique, gosh dang it!

And I am currently swimming in a sea of lame ideas I got off the internet.

I think I have one game - one - that I am pretty sure we're going to use. One game is not enough, people!

Also, 70 people were invited to this bridal shower. My food-preparing grandmother and I are praying that not this many people show up...but even if they don't, we're talking a fairly large group.

So, I need game ideas. For a fairly large group. By Saturday.

No pressure, people.

I just might never speak to you again if this thing is a flop.

Also, if you know my sister and didn't get an invitation to her shower- trust me, this is a serious oversight. We probably didn't have your address. Because I'm pretty sure we covered everyone from childhood friends to random people we barely know anymore. So please don't feel bad. And if you feel like you should be there, come! I'll hook you up with all the deets.

Ok now that the polite disclaimer is out of the way...give me those ideas. I await your brilliance.

3 comments:

  1. Tell your grandma that I won't eat anything:)

    I know you played this at your shower, but my favorite is the "Ask the groom questions and see if the bride knows the right answer."

    It lets us, the guests, know more about the couple, and it give the bride one last chance to see if she really should be marrying the kid (Just kidding). I think it's classic, and you cold ask different questions to make the game different than your shower.

    Maybe you could have a "Date under $5" game Where we all write down a cheap date idea. The winner gets $5 to go on said cheap date:)

    Um, mold a kitchen appliance out of playdoh. Put the molding on a foil lined baking sheet. Every one votes on the best appliance by drawing an arrow on the foil pointing to the one they like.

    Okay, I plum out of ideas, and I've been to lots of showers. Honestly, we could not play any games and I really wouldn't care. So whatever you come up with, Katie, will be so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. chicken wings, an action movie, and guns. This is what makes the perfect bridal shower...if you are Thomas Grier, which I am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, this idea sounds sort of odd, but it's worked at every bridal shower where I've seen it played. It's the white game. Get all the white things you can out of your kitchen - flour, salt, sugar, powdered sugar, baking powder, etc - and put them in numbered bags or jars (just make sure you know what number is what food) and make a master list of everything you use. Then, at the beginning of the shower during the everyone is sitting around being sort of awkward, you start passing them around one at a time and people write down what they think each number is. People start talking comparing and realizing it is way harder than you thought. Especially if you pass the jars around, it really gets people talking and not so awkward.

    and if that doesn't work, don't blame me!

    p.s. I like your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Your turn.