Monday, May 25, 2009

Your mom goes to college.

But I don't.

Not anymore.

Let's just forget about the fact that I'm going to grad school in the fall, shall we? With that forgotten, as far as anyone reading or writing this blog is concerned right now, Katie's done with school. Right? Right. Glad we're on the same page.

So here are some pictures highlighting the big event. Well, big events. This graduation thing was quite the drawn out spectacle.


Obama speaking at our commencement. Can you see him? Yeah, I couldn't really see him either.

Alice Cooper was also there, to sing his good old "School's Out" song. That was cool. I didn't get a picture of him. But here's one, if you want to be picky about it:

Squeem. At least his song is good.

Here's Dallin getting his diploma cover at his convocation. So distinguished.

Here's the face Dallin made at the video camera right after receiving his diploma cover. They made him give the diploma cover back. Ok, no they didn't. But I'm sure they wanted to.

Look, it's me! Getting a diploma! Ok, a diploma cover! Holla!

With Dallin's parents.

With my parents.

With my grandparents.

You just gotta know that all three of these sets of people sat through two rather long convocation ceremonies just to hear one name called. They basically rock.

Well, I guess that about covers it. I mean, my mom took a gajillion more pictures but I think you get the gist.

Now, I think a future post is going to contain just a little bit of reflection/gushing about my college experience, but at the mo', I'm bed laden with a killer cold and really just want to read a good book until I fall asleep. I hope you understand.

Until then - CONGRATS CLASS OF 2009! WHICH HAPPENS TO INCLUDE MYSELF! YAY!


And, as always and until the end...GO DEVILS!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Isn't it the best feeling?-well aside from getting married, and knowing that you're going to be a mom in the near future...but graduating from college is one the of the best feelings out there! (It ranks in the top 5) Congrats, I'm very excited for you two!

    ReplyDelete

Your turn.