Friday, September 4, 2009

What a Boy Wants

So I have this picture frame:



I've had it for quite some time now...I can't even really remember where I got it! And I've never used it. Only recently did I pull out the stock photos of couple smiling happily and bowl-haircut child.

But...my crafty dafty self (note: I am neither crafty nor dafty) came up with what I think is a pretty cute idea for this as of yet neglected frame. Since anyone that comes into our house will automatically be drowned in pictures of us anyway, I thought of spelling out some cute/inspirational/lovey type word by decorating 5 pieces of paper, each with a letter on them. (Can you see it? Can you see my vision? Well I can.)

So anyway, my problem has been, what word do I put in there? At first I was all excited because I thought there were SIX openings in this lovely as of yet neglected frame of mine, and I could spell "family" or maybe even "Harris." But alas, there are only five frames, for five letters. Bummer, dude.

So what five letter word do I put in? "Dream?" "Laugh?" "Faith" is out because we already have a wooden cutout thing that says "Faith." I've also thought of putting "Home" or "Love," and then filling the last square with either a paper heart or just one picture of us or something.

Well, like any believer in teamwork, I asked my husband.

"What's a five letter word that you like?"

Ok, maybe I could have told him what the five letter word was going to be used for. That might have helped. But then, of course, hilarity would not have ensued. For after contemplating this for a little while, Dallin answered, quite resolutely,

"Bacon."

And I laughed. And he didn't know why. So I told him, and he laughed too.

Maybe we'll put it in the kitchen.

Or maybe I'll choose a different word.

Dallin does really like bacon...

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome and I can totally picture the entire story.

    I love your idea by the way! My vote is laugh..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny!!
    I like your suggestion "Love" with a pic of you guys.
    ok so is that a Gold Canyon candle in the background? from here the jar looks a little blackened, if so you need to trim your wicks and you will never have that soot thing happening.
    hhahha I'm now the candle expert. If its not black and just my imagination then ignore this. sorry.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your turn.