Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Oh, bring back my body to me

Not exactly how the song goes...but work with me here.

My body has not been my own for almost a year now. Yes, February was the month in which Madelyn was conceived, and my self has been shared ever since.

You might be thinking, "But Katie, did you not expel your child from your self in November, thus restoring your body to your sole ownership?"

If you are thinking this, two things are very likely true:

1) You speak very formally...good for you.
2) You have never breastfed.

What has my breastfeeding experience been like? In a word...annoying.

In four words...I'm a freakin cow.

I make more milk than Madelyn could ever drink. Which, by the way, is saying something...my girl can eat.

I would never REALLY complain about breastfeeding. I mean, it's the best possible food for my baby. Not only that, but it's got to be at least part of the reason all my pregnancy weight ran away screaming and crying after the baby was born. I eat more and weigh less than I think I ever have in my adult life. And I know I should be grateful that I have enough milk, that Madelyn and I didn't have problems "getting used" to the whole thing, etc.

But seriously. I can pretty much count on having to change clothes at least once a day, and usually more than that. I'm debating just giving up clothes all together. Madelyn ends up having to change clothes pretty often too. And my sheets? Forgetaboutit.

Aside from my laundry issues, some funness has happened that requires me to use this cream stuff to keep me from wanting to part ways with my chest forever. Said cream is very annoying to apply.

Like I said, I should probably count myself lucky. I know other mothers have bigger issues than I do when it comes to breastfeeding. And I intend to keep it up...but not without some complaining. I'll try to spare you another post about it though...as enthralled as I'm sure you all are.

In other news...

Dallin is amazing.

Madelyn is beautiful.

Life is good.

Oh! And we're blessing Madelyn on February 7. It's going to be epic. Our ward meets at 11:30. Consider this your invitation. If you want to come, e-mail me or comment or something and I'll get you directions to our building.

Ciao ciao.

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog. It just...gets me so excited for what is to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, I know the feeling. I struggled for a loooong time with a lot of those same issues (and mine were HUGE to begin with). Luckily my chest figured Logan out and Logan figured them out and it all works quite nicely now. Its amazing how I used to think that the struggles and annoyances would never end. Don't worry, they will :-) Good luck! You're amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's how I was with Clayton and the changing of the clothes more than once a day, and especially after waking up in the morning! Man, I feel your pain. I so wish I could come to the baby blessing. email me the info and I will see if I can come. Our church is 9-12 and I am in Young Womens now, so I'm not sure if I will be able to sneak away, but will try!

    ReplyDelete

Your turn.