Friday, January 22, 2010

Shots and Stats

So Madelyn had her two month checkup last week.

I wasn't going to post about it because I thought the snooze factor was a bit high.

Then I realized that my last post was about the weather...which, although fascinating, probably still has a higher snooze factor than anything I could write concerning my baby girl.

I hope my blog doesn't start to ooze of snooze.

Of course, if I'm using phrases like "ooze of snooze," then there's no way it's gonna.

Moving on.

Maddy girl had to get immunizations at this appointment. One was this drink type thing that she just gobbled up because it was liquid in her mouth and that's what she does (she's such a glutton). The other two? Needles.

In all honesty, I was expecting it to be much worse than it really was. I guess that's usually the case with shots. But I stood behind her and held her hands, trying not to tear up myself, and choosing to look away when the actual stickage occurred.

Poor baby.

But I think she handled it like a champ. A few minutes calmed her right down, and she was great at taking the Tylenol the doc suggested we give her (I'm telling you...liquid in the mouth=serious gobbling).

Here she is with her band-aids (and no, I'm not actually sure if they are Band-Aid brand, since it is a brand and not a product [fun fact]...but as far as I'm concerned...they're band-aids. On to the picture):


See them there on her lil legs?

Breaks my heart.

In other news, we got some stats on how much our baby is like every other baby in the world.

Weight: 11 lb 6 oz (50th percentile)
Height: 23 1/4 in (75th percentile)
Head: 16 cm (90th percentile)

So, other than her huge melon of a noggin, she's pretty average.

Too bad there's no scale for cuteness. 100th percentile, I'd say...if I had to guess.

2 comments:

Your turn.