Tuesday, December 14, 2010

3 {Other} Christmas songs

I love Christmas music.

Golly, who doesn't?

Also, who says "golly" anymore? I think we should bring it back.

Anyway, Christmas music is splendid. I love traditional Christmas songs that there are a zillion different versions of.

BUT I also have a few songs that aren't quite as well known. Like, there are only a couple versions of it, or maybe even just one. Or it just doesn't get the play time that all the other songs do.

I thought I'd share three of those with you today. Just the ones that came to mind first...

1) "Ding Dong Merrily on High" by Celtic Woman

Dude, this song is awesome. It is an older carol that you've probably heard before, but if you haven't heard this version, check it out. It just feels Christmasy. It makes me want to ice skate while it's snowing and angels are singing and bells are ringing...or something.

2) "A Baby Changes Everything" by Faith Hill


A very pretty, very meaningful song. Sung by Faith Hill. Gorgeous.

3) "Christmas Makes Me Cry" by Mandisa and Matthew West

Kind of pop-y, but moving nonetheless. Good vocals, too!


Have you heard these? What other Christmas songs do you like that don't get played a a gazillion times every year?

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to have to check out these songs. I get tired of the radio ones, same ole ones.
    I love Chicago, Neil Diamond and Kenny G.

    Ps. Your grandma is the sweetest. Remember when our family went hiking with yours and we stayed at your grandmas? You were just a munchkin. hahha

    ReplyDelete

Your turn.