Sunday, September 11, 2011

It's that time of year

Yes, my friends. It is upon us once again - college football season.

While many wives bemoan this season and what it means for their TVs/Saturday nights/marriages, I am not among them. And while Dallin is pretty into football now, he wouldn't have said as much before we were married. Just sayin.

Anyways, I've been going to ASU football games for...a long time. Pretty much my whole life. And I love it. Seriously, the energy at a good game is just unbeatable.

While our season opener last week against UC Davis was great and all (a win is a win!), this week's game against Missouri was possibly one of the best home games I've ever been to. A huge, loud crowd, all decked out in black to celebrate the emergence of the Devils' new black uniforms. An important game against a ranked team. A decent chance at success without anything being guaranteed.

I tell you, it was intense. We made some stupid mistakes, got lucky a few times, and ended up in overtime. I hate overtime. It's too much for my little heart to handle. And I was sure we were done for. But oh my heck, we pulled it off. And I'm so, so glad. We just might have a good year this year.

And Maddy is quite the little Devils fan, too! She wasn't sure about the loudness of this black out game, but eventually got used to it and joined in with yells of "C'mon!" and "Go!" She also tried to make the little pitchfork sign with her hand (she failed miserably, but it was awesome to watch), and danced to the marching band music. It was a ton of fun.

Compare the crowds (game 1 to game 2):

Photobucket

Maddy enjoying the game:





Maddy and Mama at the black out (not shown: our black painted toenails)

Photobucket

Go Devils!

Photobucket


Well, here's to a new season! May it be better than the last...and the one before that.

2 comments:

  1. I'll admit that I am no football fan but it was a great game! Your black and white picture scared me--I was like, "What the heck kind of furry hat is she wearing?!" But then I realized it was just Dallin's head and everything is better now! Cute video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That WAS an awesome game! My hubby and I were there, too :) Definitely the best home game I've seen.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn.