Sunday, September 6, 2015

Stitch Fix -- September 2015

Okay, this is my first non-maternity Stitch Fix! Exciting, right? And maybe just a tiny bit scary because who knows what the heck size I should be wearing or whatever. But hey, let's see how this plays out.

You know about Stitch Fix, right? Just in case, here's how it works:

{about stitch fix}

Stitch Fix is an online styling/shopping service. For a $20 fee, they send you five clothing or accessory pieces that a personal stylist has chosen just for you, based on your style profile, special notes to your stylist, and even your Pinterest boards. When you receive your box, you can choose to buy as many of the items as you want, and then return what you don't want in your return bag (postage is prepaid!). Your $20 styling fee applies to anything you purchase, and if you love everything, you get a 25% discount on your entire box!

So basically, it's a ton of fun. You can choose to receive just one box (no subscription required!), or you can subscribe to receive boxes every 2-3 weeks, monthly, every other month, or quarterly. Basically, when you need a fix, you can get one. That sounds weird, but whatever.

Stitch Fix also offers petite and maternity options now, which I've taken advantage of for the past several months. Check them out, if you want: months 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.


{my stitch fix - september 2015}

I was really anxious/excited to see how non-maternity Stitch Fix works out for me. See for yourself:

Skies Are Blue Colina Mix Material Knit Top ($58)

first impressions: Cute! Different; probably not something I'd be drawn to in a store, but cute! I hope it's not too short.

on me:




thoughts: Cute, but probably nothing to write home about. I do wish it was a couple inches longer! I love stripes, and I love the little extra detail on the shoulders, but this is probably a RETURN.


 Sweet Grey Surrey Knot Back Tee  ($58)

first impressions: Ooh, I like! The knot on the back is super unique without being too "in your face." 

on me:



thoughts: Yep, I really like this one! It's like a basic tee kicked up a notch. Plus it's soft and well made, and I like that it can be dressed up or down. KEEP!


Market & Spruce Sam Hi-Low Short Sleeve Tee ($44)

first impressions: Hm, not super exciting, although I do really like the color!

on me:


thoughts: Yeah, I do really like the color. It's kind of marled, which is cool. But it's kind of got a boxy fit. It doesn't really do anything for me. I'm gonna say RETURN. 


Market & Spruce Talia Printed Pencil Skirt ($48)

first impressions: Nice colors and print! Much better than the crazy prints I've come to expect from Stitch Fix!

on me:



(sorry, I know the pics are pretty bad! you get the idea, right?)

thoughts: I do LOVE the colors and the print (it's kind of a robin's egg blue with navy, and it's basically a damask print). It's also very soft with a good amount of stretch, but I can tell it's well made. It's a great skirt that I'd probably wear often...but is it worth the price? UNDECIDED. 


Liverpool Anita Skinny Pant ($78)

first impressions: Don't know if I need dark gray pants that cost $78, but whatever.

on me:


thoughts: Wow, you guys. I'm not gonna lie -- these pants are amazing. Super soft and stretchy. They are amazingly comfortable and basically feel like leggings while looking like dress pants. I kinda love them. And yet, I'm not sure I need them, which makes me very hesitant to buy them. Oh snap. UNDECIDED. 


{verdict}

This Stitch Fix box actually impressed me a lot. It's very much my style and all the clothes were super comfortable and cute! Just a couple minor fit issues with those two shirts. I definitely want to keep the gray shirt, but I'm honestly not sure what to do about the skirt and pants! Decisions, decisions. Either way, it was fun to get another Stitch Fix box, and also fun to not have to think about "Will I get to wear this after the baby comes?" 

It's the little things, you know?

Happy Labor Day weekend, friends!

{Oh, and if you're considering trying out Stitch Fix, consider signing up through the links in this post, or right here. These links give me a little credit with Stitch Fix, which is pretty dang cool. But hey, if you just like reading about it, that's pretty dang cool too.}

1 comment:

Your turn.