Monday, October 5, 2015

Stitch Fix -- October 2015

Another month, another Stitch Fix!

Does everyone know what Stitch Fix is? Just in case you haven't heard, here's how it works:

{about stitch fix}

Stitch Fix is an online styling/shopping service. For a $20 fee, they send you five clothing or accessory pieces that a personal stylist has chosen just for you, based on your style profile, special notes to your stylist, and even your Pinterest boards. When you receive your box, you can choose to buy as many of the items as you want, and then return what you don't want in your return bag (postage is prepaid!). Your $20 styling fee applies to anything you purchase, and if you love everything, you get a 25% discount on your entire box!

So basically, it's a ton of fun. You can choose to receive just one box (no subscription required!), or you can subscribe to receive boxes every 2-3 weeks, monthly, every other month, or quarterly. Basically, when you need a fix, you can get one. That sounds weird, but whatever.

Stitch Fix also offers petite and maternity options now, which I've taken advantage of for the past several months. Check them out, if you want: months 1234, and 5.


{my stitch fix - october 2015}

I'm not gonna lie: I've been struggling with my wardrobe a bit lately. I'm literally a milk-making machine, so I'm quite a bit bigger (ahem) up top (ahem) than much of my clothing allows for. I've also got a lovely little tummy pooch that I'm trying to have patience with...but not too much patience. So I'm kind of in a weird, transitional spot. Let's see if any of my pieces from this month accommodate that. 

Fun2Fun Vimmy Front Pocket Top ($48)

first impressions: I like the pattern, and I like the Fall-ish colors. And it's a button down, which gets two thumbs up from this nursing mama. Crossing my fingers for this one.

on me:



thoughts: Well, dang. I really do love the shirt, but the fit just isn't quite right. A little too small up top, and a tiny bit too short. It's also not one that I would find occasion to wear very often; it's not stretchy or breathable, so it would be strictly "date night" and I just can't justify it. RETURN.


 Market & Spruce Sawyer Space Dye Dolman Sleeve Knit Top  ($58)

first impressions: I know "space dye" is kind of a thing right now, but I'm just not sure I love it. I do love a good maroon, though!

on me:



thoughts: Man, oh man, if only I liked this print! I might even like it if the color was a little more muted, but as it is, the "space dye-ness" of it is a little too in-your-face. But it's a shame, because it's super comfy and fits well! RETURN. 


Loveappella Lany Envelope Back Knit Top ($48)

first impressions: Peek-a-boo stripes? 3/4 sleeve? Long, soft, flowy shirt? I think I'm in love.

on me:




thoughts: SO TORN. The "envelope" back is extreme and (in my humble opinion) kind of weird. I don't think it would make me self conscious enough to not wear the shirt, but I don't love it. I DO love everything else about it though. I'm sure I would wear it often. UNDECIDED. 


41Hawthorn Abrianna Longsleeve Knit Cardigan ($48)

first impressions: Nice, but pretty basic. I do have a navy cardigan already, but mine has buttons and this one is open, so this one has a little more "dress-up" potential.

on me:



thoughts: This thing is soft! And flattering! Ugh, it's really nice. I'm tempted, but I'm so not sure because of the other cardigan I have! UNDECIDED. 


Pixley Kathy Striped Fit and Flare Dress ($68)

first impressions: This is going to be too short. Way too short.

on me:

Nope. Not happening.

thoughts: Not only was the dress too short, but it was also way too small up top. This could totally be cute on someone...but not on me. RETURN.


{verdict}

This is probably my third box in a row that has been very, very "close." For the past few boxes, the style has been on point, but the fit just doesn't make the grade. Unfortunately, this one was probably the least successful of the three, since there isn't really a clear "keep."

And also unfortunately, it makes me wonder a little bit if my Stitch Fix days are numbered. I have loved getting these boxes so much, but I don't want to keep getting them if they're not sending things I'm crazy about! Perhaps I'm just too picky for Stitch Fix. 

I'll give it another month, for sure, but I think Stitch Fix is effectively on probation. 

{If you'd like to try Stitch Fix, consider signing up through the links in this post, or right here. These links give me a little credit with Stitch Fix, so we'll be best friends. Not that we aren't already. Crap, this just got awkward.}

2 comments:

  1. Ah Stitch Fix! I feel like I debate it's existence in my life on a month-to-month basis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am feeling the same way...giving a month probation. I do get excited about the fix, only to be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn.