Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Deep Fried Fun

Drum roll, if you please...

Yes, this is my second post two days in a row! I'm so proud. Unfortunately, the reason I even have time to do this is because I'm home sick today. No work, no school - just lazing around in my pjs trying to feel awake enough to do anything! I've got an annoying throaty stomachy heady thing, but mostly I'm just insanely tired! It's the weirdest thing. Hopefully it'll be gone in a few days (it's already been here a few days), and hopefully I don't pass it on to Dallin. The last thing he needs is to get sick!

Anyway, the real meaning of this post is to tell you all about this past weekend, when we hit up the AZ State Fair! We went on Saturday night, and even though my illness had really started to hit hard that morning, we were still able to have a great time. We had to go that weekend because it was the weekend of the Demolition Derby, which is Dallin's favorite. Something about cars smashing into each other and breaking down and catching on fire must be enjoyable to boys. Hm. Ah what the heck I thought it was fun too!

Ready for the main event! (It was impossible to get a good picture, what with the lighting and all).

Our view from the grandstands.

These cars were literally stuck together. They would catch fire whenever they tried to pull them apart. A real crowd pleaser.

Dallin got some sweet video of the whole thing. Let me see if I can get this to work...mov02872

Well after that we made our way around the rest of the fair. We met up with Tiffiny and Caleb, which was swell. Super swell, in fact, because Tiffiny and I rode an elephant! Check one more off the "things to do before I die" list!

Seriously good times, right there.

TJ and Lisa won the junk food prize, with their enormous cheese fries. Congrats, guys!

Dallin also won a prize (and so did I, by extension) by winning a ripoff carnival game! We are now the proud owners of a huge, as-yet nameless frog that is taking up a ton of space in our family room! YES!

Oh yeah, people were jealous.

We finished off the trip in the best way possible, by playing Rock Bank on a stage in front of millions hundreds dozens about a dozen people. They loved our rendition of Weezer's "Buddy Holly" (is that really the name of that song? Who cares? ROCK ON)

We had a great time! Best of all, we missed the fiasco that was the ASU Oregon game! I mean, GO DEVILS and all that, but I'm glad we missed that embarrassment.

Love the fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn.