Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween 2008

Hello all! I trust everyone had a fantastic Halloween. We did, anyway, On Thursday we went to our ward's Halloween party dressed as Lucy and Ricky Ricardo, as seen here:

Unfortunately, Dallin didn't have a whole lot of time to spend on his costume...so he ended up looking more like a priest than a Cuban band leader from a 50s show. But what can you do? Hopefully my brilliant ensemble saved it.

Anyway, it was a great party! It was fun to see everyone dressed up, there was good food including...

a cotton candy machine! Woot! Of course Dallin had to try his hand at spinning his own cotton candy. The results were...less than perfect.

Yeah, he should practice more. But hey, it was still very sugary and turned our mouths purple, so the true purpose of the cotton candy was fulfilled. We also did pumpkin bowling...Dallin bowled a strike right away but I wasn't so lucky.

I just couldn't knock those bottles over! Oh well...I can still beat Dallin at real bowling.

After the party, we went over to my parents' house to carve pumpkins! Our pumpkins were slightly lopsided since we waited till the last minute to buy them and so got the runts of the litter, but they still worked... we just had to stand them upside down, since they wouldn't stand right side up. Hey, don't dis our pumpkins!

Wouldn't want anything to happen to our pumpkin in transit, especially since Dallin apparently gave birth to it...

The pumpkin carving stations. This is serious business.

The rest is all a little fuzzy, since I went to work carving my own pumpkin. I had to take a break to get some homework done, and by the time I finished Dallin had already finished and was fast asleep, so I didn't get to take any pictures of him with his pumpkin, but here it is!

Groovy, no? And now for mine. Prepare to be amazed!

Mm hmm. No holding of applause is necessary; just let it all out. Oh yeah, my mom's pumpkin was really good too:

Hers was actually Halloweeny, which gets her extra points, I guess. Did I mention the excellence of my pumpkin?

I'm so proud.

Anyway, that about does it for the pictures, which means I don't have any actual pictures of Halloween night, which is sad because it was awesome! I had to work all day (grumble grumble) and then I met Dallin at my parents' house. My mom's side of the fam gets together every Halloween, so we got to see everyone. Cute costumes, great food (including homemade caramel apples- yum!), and good times. Jacob and Serenity came over, and it's always great to hang out with them. I was completely exhausted by the end of the night, and consequently did not make it through "Night of the Living Dead," but Dallin still pretended to be a zombie when we got home, probably just to make me feel included. So sweet.

So, that's about it for our first Halloween as married people! It was a whole lot of fun. I'm still a little sickish, mostly exhibited by extreme tiredness. Hopefully it will go away soon...it's really annoying to just want to sleep all the time.

HAPPY NOVEMBER!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn.