Wednesday, November 12, 2008

6 months!

As of Monday, November 10, Dallin and I have been married for six months! Crazy! How time flies when you're loving life.

We had school on Monday, so we didn't really get to do much during the day, but Dallin did have a nice surprise waiting for me when I got up:

He was already up and working extremely hard to get a lot of work done so he could take the day off with me on Tuesday, since the bank would be closed for Veteran's Day. Plus the flowers and a sweet card... don't be too jealous.

That night, we went to The Cheesecake Factory, since someone gave us a gift certificate there for a wedding present. Mmm...love that place.

We actually ended up having 25 cents left on the gift card and no cash to tip the waitress...we gave her a gift card to American Eagle with a few bucks on it...hope she likes that store!! (who doesn't, really?)

Tuesday was a fantastic day! Seriously, it will be doubly hard to go back to work after being able to have such a great day with my hubby. We got up, had breakfast, met with a couple dentists about advice on my wisdom teeth, picked up our projects from As You Wish (I didn't get pictures from our visit there, but you will see our projects soon enough!), and then...we went Christmas shopping!! For ourselves!! We are now the proud owners of a lovely, 7 ft tall (cough-fake-cough) Lucas pine tree! Woot!

We also got ornaments and lights for it, after much discussion about colors, shapes, sizes, and wiring. Man, Christmas is hard work...but so worth it.

After obtaining our Tannenbaum, we decided to take advantage of the lovely day and go walk around Tempe Town Lake. It really was beautiful outside!

Our location by the fountain, plus the wind direction soon proved to be a bad combo, so we eventually relocated...

After our nice walk, we were a little tired, and I had some online homework to do, so we went back home and watched Pirates/did homework. Then we went out to do some browsing for Christmas presents, before coming home and eating our cheesecake that we brought home from the Cheesecake Factory. Yum.

It was pretty much the best six month anniversary ever.

I'm so grateful for Dallin. I'm grateful for all he's taught me since I met him, and for all we've learned together since we've been married. I'm grateful to have such a wonderful best friend, someone that lets me pick the movies, cry on his shoulder, talk about my problems. He is hardworking and diligent, and he loves his job, but he would never put it before me, his family, or his church responsibilities. He takes care of me - he does the dishes when I don't want to, calls the dentist when I tell him my teeth hurt, and kills the bugs in our apartment. He respects and appreciates me, and has made me feel more beautiful and more loved than I ever have before. He's my Superman - how could I ask for more?

Ti amo, bambino.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn.