Monday, February 8, 2010

I want to be...

hardworking

ambitious

a writer

unselfish

able to let loose

confident

always spiritually in tune

stylish

organized

exceptionally good at something

fun

brave

a good cook

someone people want to be around

the friend that's always there

pure in heart

disciplined

someone worth looking up to

able to look at this list and feel like all these things are possible; like if I just take it step by step, a little bit at a time, I can be everything I want to be.



Sometimes, I'm afraid it won't ever happen. Don't mean to go all emo on you or anything, but sometimes I just get overwhelmed thinking about everything I want to do and become. And I know I should think, "Sure, I can do this, I can be that." But sometimes, I just don't. And it's because sometimes, I just don't try. I think I'm afraid of getting my hopes up only to let myself down. I hate it when that happens. It makes me so much less likely to try again.

I know - I'm whining. I have people that love me just the way I am, in spite of all the things I am not.

But don't you ever look in the mirror and wonder about all the great things you could do, if you put your mind to it?

I think I want to make some of those "coulds," "dids." That's all.

3 comments:

  1. Katie,
    Last time I checked you already were at least 1/2 of those things and I don't even know you that well. You are corageous, unselfish, and brave just being a mom gives you that much. You are accomplished and smart and a writer (a degree, a blog). I have never tasted your cooking, but even the pros are always improving. You are an example of beauty and motherhood and don't let self doubt make you not see what is truely in that mirror... A beloved daughter of God, wife, mother and sister on earth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps. I have always thought you stylish too.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, it's good to see I wasn't alone on the emo bandwagon. Just making the list depresses me. Is it because we've tried before and didn't quite make it? I say pick one thing and make some goals on how you can develop that skill. Tell Dallin to help you with it and pray about it as well. I figure if Heavenly Father is giving us so much potential, the least we can do is try, and try again. Now I need to find my depressing list and pick something...

    ReplyDelete

Your turn.