Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fools!

Last year, on April Fools, I was pregnant.

But I was only like 8 weeks pregnant, and I was determined to wait until after my first doctor's appointment (10 weeks-ish) to shout it from the rooftops.

This presented me with an April Fools conundrum.

I mean, it seems like a best April Fools joke a blogger can pull is to say "I'm pregnant!" Because seriously, who's going to know the difference?

BUT I obviously couldn't use this joke, since I was pregnant. If I said I was pregnant on April Fools day, as an April Fools joke...I'd be lying...because I'd be telling the truth. Unless I said I REALLY WAS pregnant in which case the bag would have be prematurely cat-less, which I didn't want. Plus, would anyone really have believed me on April Fools day? Perhaps the fools. I dunno.

Anyway, I ended up writing one of my least favorite posts ever, in which I pretended to love things I hate and hate things I love, which is neither funny nor clever. In fact, I have since deleted said post. That's how much I hated it.

But this year...all bets are off. SOOOOO....

I'm PREGNANT!

Yep. Preggers. Prego. Preggerific. Pregnified. I'm having a baby. Another baby. We're going to have two babies in our house, because we already have one and now we're having another one. Peanut is due in October and we're surprised, but stoked.

Well, there you have it. I've been waiting a year to do that.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations, if you are prego, Im still a tad confused wether you are or not.

    That will be super-fun for your girl to have play-mate, and super-hard for you. But you do what you gotta do.

    Yay for babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I really can't tell whether you are or not...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Katie,
    You crack me up. I'm so glad we are friends and true kindred spirits. haha! Apparently your April Fool's joke was tricky and joke-y enough. I'm glad you got to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure if its true or not, but it is funny and witty to read none the less! :) Congrats, if congratulations are truly in order.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm hoping you would have told me before you told the internet, so i'm calling "false"

    ReplyDelete

Your turn.