Friday, April 9, 2010

Tight?

I'm really, really not a fashionista. No, really.

About half of the clothes in my closet have been there since high school. Yeah, I'd say about half.

And I still wear them.

So really, I'm not exactly shakin' my groove thang in the fashion world. It's in the fridge, daddy-o! Are you hip to the jive? Can you dig what I'm layin' down? I knew that you could. Slide me some skin, soul brother! (name that movie. Please!)

Anyway, I really just want to know if this strong dislike I have for a current fashion trend is due to my lack of fashionista-ness. If it is, I'll never say another word about it...at least not loudly.



colored tights.

I'm not talking black or neutral colored. I'm talking Skittles camouflaging tights.

Perhaps it's because I'm nowhere near bold enough. Perhaps it's because I don't really see this trend lasting for more than a year or maybe two. Perhaps it's because I really don't like wearing nylons/tights.

Or perhaps it's because colored tights turn your legs different colors, and it actually is silly.

If you love colored tights, that's totally awesome. You're a trendier person than I am. I hope I haven't offended you by expressing my humble opinion.

But am I alone (echo...echo...echo)?

Does anyone else not get this trend? Or any of the other trends out there, for that matter?

15 comments:

  1. The movie is Airplane. Challenge me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and yes. I don't get tights in general, and especially not the neon ones. I don't have amazing legs, and tights are just an excuse to wear a shirt-dress.
    It's like people want to bring back the 90's.
    Pass, thanks. I love my jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, lots of colors girls choose nowadays are pretty nasty. I don't get it. Probably never will.

    It's even worse when it's colored tights with flats. = stumpy calves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Bekah - not "Airplane." I've never seen that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The line makes me think of the Wiz. and now I shall go google it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. D'Nae would tell you that leggings worn as pants drive her crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ugh, that seem crazy to me. But I'm not a fashionista either. Probably 95% of my clothes are from high school. 2.5% are pregnancy and the other I bought pre-pregnancy post-high school. Yup, sad I know. Not exactly the thing I need to spend my money on first. Clothing the kid seems more important at this point..haha.
    oh and its Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recently attempted to become trendy. But I realized in that shopping spree, "You can't change who you are." I am not a trendy person. I like to wear plain clothes and accessorize the plainness.

    I think trendiness is built into you. You either are, or you are not.

    It was a good realization for me. I no longer worry about having the latest look.

    And no, I do not like the tights. It's very 3 year oldish. But if people want to wear them, no problem.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Natalie wins! No prize involved...she just wins. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. No prize? Well, I was going to guess Pride and Prejudice anyhow. As for the tights, some girls look super cute with the whole "look" while others look like they are wearing...colored tights. I do not like trendiness at ALL. I cannot handle buying items and then not being able to wear them a year later because the trend is out. Let's keep it classic people.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahhh.. I'll just bask in the pride of winning and having bragging rights WOOT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree. But maybe cause I am not that trendy either. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your turn.