Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Father of My Children


The day Maddy was born, I woke up from a nap and caught the two of them like this. I think Dallin still thought I was asleep, because he was all misty eyed. I slyly pulled out my camera phone and thus one of my favorite pictures of forever was created.


The father of my children is:


-devoted to every role he has-

-committed to constantly improving himself-

-the hardest worker you'll ever meet-

-capable of making anything happen, especially if it will make someone he loves happy-

-spiritually minded-

-smarter than he thinks-

-sometimes too helpful-

-disappointed in himself when he feels like he hasn't done enough (even though he always has)-

-freaking adorable with his daughter-

-the perfect balance to everything that is wrong with me-

-dang sexy-


Happy Father's Day to the father of my children, who, on top of being a generally exceptional human being, also happens to be the love of my life.


And of course, Happy Father's Day to my own wonderful dad - who never, ever made us kids feel like anything less than the most important thing in the world to him. Love you, Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn.