Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Impatience

I consider myself a pretty patient person. And I'm not saying that to make you think I'm awesome or anything (because face it, you couldn't think I'm more awesome, right?), I'm just saying it because I really think it's true.

But there are some times when my patience is tested.

And then there are some times when I am just not patient at all.

As I've thought about it, I've thought of 2 examples of when I'm consistently impatient. For no reason other than this is my blog and it's where I write down things I think about, I'll share them with you.

The first is bedtime. I love going to bed (who doesn't, really?) but I do not like getting ready for bed. Nope nope nope.

The sad thing about this is that it doesn't really take very long to get ready for bed. PJs, contacts, brush teeth, wash face, say prayers. Less than 10 minutes, for sure. Especially since I use those face towelette things to wash my face at night. Those things are bomb.

And yet, I still hate the process and find myself wanting to skip it every night and just jump right into bed and fall asleep.

Impatience.

Also, coming home from trips. I'm cool with taking my time to pack before I leave for a trip, and I'm fine with however long it takes to get there. But once I'm on my way home, I want to be home, unpacked, and back to "normal." Trips home, unpacking, the laundry that necessarily comes with unpacking...I just want it to all be over as quickly as possible.

Impatience.

What makes you impatient?

1 comment:

  1. Ditto on those two things. Drives me nuts! As I am in the midst of painting, I would add that to the list. I am impatient for the room to be FINISHED!

    ReplyDelete

Your turn.